Tuesday 30 November 2010

The Gallery - Week 37



This is my first week posting and the theme is celebrations.

My picture is the first one taken of the Pudding.  I had a very difficult pregnancy plauged with hyperemasis gravidarum, heavy bleeding, the loss of Pudding's twin worries about spinabifida, she didn't grow for the final 3 weeks and when i went into labour i suffered a major cord prolapse (umbilical cord preceeds baby into birth canal).  We were told afterwards that the odds of her surviving in my situation were only 5% and the fact that she survived with absolutly no brain damage was a miracle.  I can honestly say i have only ever felt that thankful once before (that's a story for another day) in my life.

The Pudding born at 5:48pm on 20th February 2010 by Emergency C-Section.


1 comment:

  1. What an amazing story. I'm so glad that luck, fate or something more powerful was on your side.

    http://seathreepeeo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete