Sunday 28 November 2010

Christmas Pudding Disaster

I retrieved both my Christmas Cake and Christmas pudding from their dark cool hiding place this evening in order to 'feed' them both (pour more copious amounts of alcohol over them) only to find when i opened the christmas pudding a section of it around the edge had mould growing on it.  I cut it out and it was only on the surface but didn't like to chance it so binned the lot.  I'm really disappointed and upset as it was my first one and we were trying to make it into a family tradtion.  I made it on Stir up Sunday and we each took a turn stiring 3 times east to west and made a wish.  I feel like it has all been a waste now.  It's not even the loss of the ingrediants that bothers me so much as the loss off the effort and the excitement Munch had knowing she was making it and she would get to eat it on Christmas day.  I feel like it has all been a waste of time and the whole traditional value has been lost for us.

I'm toying with the idea of making another, but would it feel the same?  Also i don't know what went wrong this time and therefore how to prevent it again. 

Thankfully the Christmas Cake was fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment